Money Magazine ranked Pacific Beach as one of the nation’s best big-city neighborhoods to live in! (August 2013) One reason why…
- PB Middle School and Sessions Elementary are among the best in the city!
- The YMCA is coming to PB. This YMCA/PB Middle School joint-use project will provide a swimming pool, fitness facilities and soccer fields for use by the community and the schools. YMCA summer camps start this summer and construction starts this year.
- New Athletic Facilities at Mission Bay High School – construction includes synthetic turf football field, all-weather running track, lights, bleachers, press box, restrooms, synthetic turf on softball field, and upgrades to baseball and softball field facilities.
PB’s public schools have developed diverse and prestigious programs that are proving highly attractive to students and families:
- Barnard Asian Pacific Language Academy Magnet (at former Bayview Terrace site)
- Sessions International Baccalaureate program
- Crown Point Jr. Music Academy (Suzuki method)
- PB Elementary Seminar/Gate program
- PB Middle – International Baccalaureate program; award-winning physical education and athletics program; now offering Mandarin
- Mission Bay High – International Baccalaureate program; award-winning jazz band and music program, offering special courses in engineering, bioengineering, business and marine science; now offering Mandarin